Thursday, January 06, 2005

Something from the past

In 1958, when I was 10 years old, at that time we had a king in Iraq. He was a young man called Faisal the second. He was a nice, intelligent, educated man. And he was the son of a very faithful and honest man (King Ghazi), who was killed in a car accident few years earlier.

In July 1958, a revolution started against this type of government and as a result, the king and all his family were killed. The Kingdom of Iraq changed to the Republic of Iraq; this was the start of the endless problem we lived since that time.

Before that, nobody thought of politics or security, the people were poor and peaceful, nobody had a gun in his house. There were no thieves and no rubbery. I remember that nobody bothered himself to lock the door at night; even the cars were left overnight unlocked. To make a long story short, the life was so nice and sweet.

After the revolution, the people started to import ideas from outside the country; we started to hear about communist, ba'athist, nationalist and foreign countries' agents.

The most important thing to me, and to you as I think, is the relation between different religions and nationalities. There was no kind of differentiation between religions, all the people were like brothers, we even dressed the same; and the same was with the Kurds.

*I had to stop writing for a moment there was a lot of shooting in the neighborhood and I had to check my family, the house, and the neighbors…..But I am back now. There were two bullets that penetrated the window of the house next to us and hit the class buffet and changed it to smash, nobody got injured.*

Going back to our subject, Muslims, Christians, Arabs and Kurds all lived in a friendly environment. By the way I was 10 years old and at the time I didn’t even think that anyone is different from the other just because of his religions or nationality.

More on this subject, next time..

9 comments:

Jeff said...

Great post!

I love to here Iraqis talk about the past of their country.

What do you think of the present claimant to the throne? He has no chance in the elections, I think; but is he a good guy?

Jeff

just me said...

Yours is the first blog I've read to talk of this time period. Others have mention the 1920's. I'm hooked now, and want to hear your perspective of how to acheive the peace your country obviously had in the past.

As a father, your heart must break when you remember the peaceful days of your youth, a thing your daughters have never experienced.

Why was the revolution started? How did Iraq go from a "nice, intelligent, educated" king to Saddam?

Truth teller said...

Jeff

What I am writing is just my personal impression about what I remember and I had been told from the people older than me at the situation at that time. I am not a politian.
what i thing of the present claimant to the throne. he looked to me a good man. but this is not the only think.
After the revolution at 1958 all the media including Arabic and Western medias regard the previos interval as a dark period in the history of Iraq. And that what the students teached in the schools. No body from the new generation knows any thing about the past. so perhaps he has no chance in the election.

just me

You asked: Why was the revolution started?
In 1956 there was a war going on against Egypt, the attackers( Israel, England and France) try to controll over Suiss Channels. The Iraqi goverment kept silent about that situation, the people did a demonstration to support Egypt but the goverment prevent them by force. The army have a bad experience from the Arabic Israeli war at 1948. So every body get angry, and this was used by some political party to made all the people against the goverment. (this is just my personal idia. Dont take it as a real fact. So when the revolution started and it was a military revolution, the people support it.
About saddam ?? It need a separet posts. my be in the future.

DagneyT said...

Welcome to the blogosphere. The more Iraqi blogs, the better Iraqis and Americans can learn to understand one another.

jimmy said...

I'm glad to read your Blog. I want to understand more about the Iraqui people and their past. Also about their thoughts about the future. I pray daily that peace comes soon and your country can return to the peace you deserve.

Anonymous said...

Truth teller, we are almost the same age and things were better in the US as well back in 1958. I was born in 1945. It was as you say. No locks, very little crime, etc.. Could it be that mankind is just becoming more evil? Christians, Jews, Muslims all get along fine here. Perhaps in large cities like New York it is not so.

I am very interested in seeing you post more about how it was before Saddam was in power. I am sorry your city is very dangerous for your family right now. Perhaps it will get better some after the election. May God keep you and your family safe from all harm.

Tom in Wisconsin.

Tuff said...

Truth teller,

Thank-you for the tour of Iraq's past. I am looking forward to the more of the history of Iraq.

It is also nice to read a blog from the prospective of an Iraqi closer to my age. Most of the blog seem to be written by younger Iraqis. Their blogs are wonderful, but it is nice to get a view from someone who has experienced more of life.

-Tuff

solburger said...

Dear Truth-Teller in Mosul,

Great stories about Mosul and Iraq's history! I don't know why but I am completely fascinated with Iraq and the possibilites for your country. Maybe I lived there in a past life?

There are many people in my country, the USA, that say that Iraq cannot be a peaceful country, but you just showed that it was once that way not even 50 years ago. People CAN get along. I pray every day for peace for you country and look forward to the day that I can come and visit Iraq on a vacation. I'm serious, but I know I have a wait on my hands. I believe that, "Where there is no vision the people perish."

I wonder, how much national pride is there in Iraq right now? I really hope elections help to strengthen your country's will to unite. The higher the better because that is what will unify you against the forces of disruption and hate.

May you and yours be protected, and God Bless Iraq.

Tom, Hayfork, California, USA

慢慢來 said...

晚情徵信協會全國網
大愛徵信社
三立徵信社
離婚|離婚證人有限公司
離婚|離婚證人-高雄徵信同業工會
離婚|婚姻挽回專區
一品蒐證尋人器材網
全國女子徵信社
晚晴徵信
八大徵信社
離婚│華納徵信社
徵信社品質保障關懷協會
晚晴徵信協會全國網
溫馨法律諮詢
劈腿大剖析
全國優良婚姻挽回
法律諮詢|免費諮詢華陀
亞洲徵信總部
感情挽回全國徵信
鴻海徵信尋人免費諮詢法律諮詢
大陸抓姦二奶-法律諮詢社
三立徵信有限公司
大愛徵信社
離婚|離婚證人非凡有限公司
女人國際徵信社
中區嚴選聯合徵信網
女人國際徵信
大愛徵信有限公司-台中
婦幼徵信有限公司
女子偵探徵信團隊
離婚|外遇觀測站
法律諮詢|免費諮詢網
外遇抓猴徵信偵探社
離婚-感情挽回Q&A諮詢網
新浪私家偵探社
離婚|女人徵信社
離婚|女人私家偵探社
婚姻挽回│國際聯盟社
法律諮詢所
外遇抓姦|女人國際徵信
女子徵信社
外遇|抓姦-女子偵探全國入口網
全國優良女人徵信社