Sunday, March 06, 2005

A Family from Mosul

Two days ago, we were sitting at the dining table, and as usual we were talking in different subjects. HNK, my daughter, asked her mother
- "Mom why don't you have a blog?".
- "I can't write frequently as I am busy with my lectures and the home" answered her mother.
- "Why don't you write in my blog?" I asked her.
Najma entered on the line and suggested to create a new blog for all the family. Her suggestion was accepted by all the family members.

we created a new blog "A Family from Mosul".
Anyone of the family who wants to write a post, at any time, can write at this blog.

At the start I, Najma, and HNK will write in both our blogs, and the family one, the same subject will be written twice, Then when their mother get used to blogging, they may let me and her only use this blog.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I read one post in the new blog which I wanted to comment on but because I am not a blogger at blogspot.com I was unable to do so. With your permission I will post my comment here.

The issue I wish to comment on is the division of captives interviewed on TV into two categories:
(1) "Jihadis" who fight for their country's freedom (and do NOT kill policemen or civilians), and
(2) "Terrorists" including criminals, Saddam's men, and those who are paid by some foriegn country to ruin Iraq.

I suggest dividing people into two different groups: killers, and people who do not kill.

The very best thing that can happen in Iraq, I believe, is that people stop killing each other. The most important question is whether a person should use violence to achieve his objectives or seek to achieve those objectives by non-violent means.

Regarding the question of whether the interviewed captives were tortured, I have no information except the reported comments of one US military commander who said that persons captured by Iraqi forces seemed to be much more willing to talk than persons captured by US military forces. If I had been killing Iraqi police and guardsmen and was then captured I think it would be much more frightening to be captured by the very people I had been killing than by foreigners who couldn't even speak my language well enough to ask hard questions.

I realize this comment is out of place in this blog when it should be in the "family" blog you started recently. Perhaps you should delete it, it would certainly be reasonable to do so.

Sacramento, California

Truth teller said...

Anonymous
Thank you for stopping in my blog.
Feel free to comment any where, any time.
We welcome your comment in this blog the same way we do in the other.

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to say welcome. Your input into the chaos of the world is a positive thing. And very appreciated....